Friday, July 25, 2008

Bounty hunter

Today, after returning from the caves in Kanameta, I saw the spider web of the giant spider we once saw at night before group a few nights ago. Well, it wasn’t out on the web, so I thought I would bring it something to come out for. I found a largish beetle over by the apartments and I said to it as I was carrying it to its doom, “It’s really kind of morbid of me, but I’m really interested in seeing you get eaten.” I tossed it under-handed a few times and the beetle just went up and not into the web. So finally I threw over-handed and it landed in about the middle of the web. As the beetle struggled futilely, I saw other much smaller spiders start to descend away from the web, like they wanted to get out of the way of something. Then from a crack in the old building it was living in, the giant freaking spider crawled out and shuffled quickly to the beetle. At last I saw it in daylight. Freaked me OUT. It wrapped the beetle and then after a few moments, carried the thing about 3/4 its size back to the building and up into its crack to eat. Wow. Not only do I feed meat to Chau, the starving dog, but also live creatures to starving spiders. I’m a vegetarian?

No comments: